Every health-related project is unique and tailored to meet the community needs and expectations. In 2019, we were proud to be appointed to the Health Infrastructure EDSS panel for government projects. Our team’s extensive experience on health-related projects has allowed the development of specific skills and knowledge including, but not limited to:
- Complex basement structures adjacent to sensitive structures.
- Future-proofing structures to meet project principal requirements and accommodate expansion and re-augmentation of floors.
- Staged construction of new hospitals to maintain commercial operation within existing hospitals. At practical completion, occupants and staff are then decanted from old to new to allow continuation of building works.
- Design of structure for radiation treatment, nuclear medicine facilities and medicine storage.
- Sustainable design using solar panels and other energy-efficient systems to reduce overall operating costs throughout the design life.
- Interfacing with adjoining existing structures such as link bridges and tunnels.
- The latest in modern construction technologies for construction efficients.
- Vibration-sensitive design for operating theatres and wards subject to human vibration.
- Coordinate with services consultants to integrate and route building services vertically and horizontally through structure.
- Engaging with user groups to better understand the project principal requirements for functionality and sustainability.
- Full BIM integration with design team.